The new OMCL-AC240 series cantilevers with ‘New Concept Chip’ designed for AC mode AFM in air to observe topography and viscoelasticity of soft samples.
1. Small spring constant for the measurements of soft samples Spring constant of 2 N/m(Typ.) is the smallest in our silicon cantilevers for AC mode, suitable for observing surface topography and viscoelasticity of soft samples.
2. Measuring surface potential with low resistivity silicon Cantilever base material employs N-type doped silicon with a surface resistance of 0.01-0.02 Ω · cm (1/200th the surface resistance of our other base materials). This can be achieved to use for measuring surface potential and other applications.
3. Ideally point terminated probe The apex of the tetrahedral probe is ideally point terminated. The tetrahedral probe shows good symmetry viewed from the front.
4. Acclaimed ‘TipView’ structure The probe can be easily positioned at the exact point of your interest due to ‘TipView’ structure. The probe is located at the exact end of the cantilever so that the probe apex is not obscured during optical observations.
5. Reflex side aluminum coating Thin aluminum film with the thickness of 100 nm is coated on the cantilever for reflecting light from the deflection sensor in the AFM equipment. High reflex for high S/N sensing can be expected.
6. Ease in chip handling: ‘New concept chip’ The ideally vertical side-walls of the chip make tweezing easy and eliminate problems with chipping and debris.